Powered by Blogger.

Monday, October 17, 2011

Tingling Fingertips

     Wow, I can't believe it's been a whole five days since my last post!  But, I've been without any internet for the last 72 hours.  I've been at Will's house, and AT&T is upgrading their service, but sent out the wrong modem.  Since their original service was cancelled upon the upgrade, and the new modem won't arrive until tomorrow, we've had to do without internet.  And power, yesterday! It was out for about an hour.  Which really sucked, on top of having no internet.  Will and I were down to playing board games, which we weren't feeling, so instead we sat at the table and talked until we heard all the appliances beep back to life.

     So anyway, this is the project that's on my needles at the moment.  I've been taking a break from my Christmas presents, and making something for myself, and something that's also really pretty to look at!  I finished the first glove a few nights ago, and am working on the cuff of the second one.

     What makes these fingerless gloves so unique is the lateral braid and the linen ridge stitch.  Which isn't that apparent, on this yarn, unfortunately...  I am so in love with these lateral braids though!  I want to put them on practically everything for a subtle, elegant touch.  If you'd like a tutorial on how to do them, please feel free to request it!  I would love to do one for you.  :)

     So, unfortunately, I didn't get the internship as a photo retoucher that I interviewed for last week.  I got an email last Friday from the woman I'd been corresponding with about the job, and she told me "we have selected a more experienced candidate for the position," and I'm still really disappointed about that because I have more than four years of experience in this field, and somehow that wasn't enough...

     On a happy note, though, I want to share this picture of my dog, Heloise, with you.  She is a breeder for Guide Dogs for the Blind, and we have been her "custodian" since the beginning of August.  She is pregnant with 3-5 puppies (3 showed up on her sonogram last month, but she may have up to 5) and is due on October 30th.  She is an amazingly intelligent dog, and we joke all the time that we wish she could read because she always looks so bored!  Anyway, we all got a kick out of this picture, as I'm sure you will too.

     Have a good rest of your Monday!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post! I appreciate it more than you know. xx