Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Alien Skin's Exposure

     Will was kind enough to *ahem* dowload Exposure 3 for me after I fell in love with it when I interviewed at Stephanie Rausser Photography (you can read about that here), and I've been on it nonstop for hours!  The whole premise of the program is that it "takes the digital out of digital photography."  All of the filters (with numbers in the 100s) mimic what one could do in a darkroom, and I'm obsessed with it!  I've always loved film photography more than digital, because of its feel and texture, but I couldn't live without the instantaneousness of digital cameras.  This program now allows me to have both!  I literally can't describe how excited and happy I am to have this program.  :)  Anyway so I compiled my absolute favorite filters to show you some idea of where you can go with this program.

     Here is the original:

     Filter #1: soft glow and lens blur.  I love how this image feels like a dream!  It reminds me of Paramore's music video Brick by Boring Brick (which is one of my all time faves from them!).

     Filter #2: kodacolor (1942-1953).  Mostly I love this because it is very similar to the vintage feel that I'm obsessed with adding to the pictures I put on here.  :)


     Filter #3: technicolor process 2 (2-strip).  I fell in love with this instantly because of the way the pink and blue hues lend a feeling of a fairy-tale world!  :)


     Filter #4: faded (darker).  In this one, I simply just love the colors.  :)


     I hope these images spark your interest, either in Photoshop or Exposure.  :)


     On the agenda tonight is attending the midnight premiere of Breaking Dawn: Part I that I am very excited about!  I read the book probably five times, and can't wait to see how it will be portrayed on the big screen!  One of my favorite things about book adaptations is watching my favorite characters come to life.  :)  I'm really excited!  Will and I should probably be heading out soon, as I talked to my old manager at the theater and she said all three showings (12:01, 12:07, and 12:15 AM) were all sold out, and I definitely want a good seat...


     On my list tomorrow is to PACK like crazy!  Should be funn.... *sarcasm*...

     As a side note, the post I made about the outfit I'm wearing above can be found here.
     
     Anyway, see you later loves!


xx
currently listening to... Brick by Boring Brick - Paramore

2 comments:

  1. i am a new fashion blogger from indonesia living in singapore :) i really like your blog. i will really appreciate & it will be an honor to have u as my blog member.

    and of course i will folback!:D also, u can mention me anytime on twitter @tiodang if you want me to check out your latest post & leave a comment ^^ ,please list me on twitter, so i will know u're my follower!! ;)

    i've just recommend your post to google!u can check it! that's what u got if you keep in touch with my blog too!! hope u will do the same ^^
    (u can add me on facebook and contact me at : cheeringwinda@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its is best software for photo editing. I really very like it.
    Alien Skin Exposure

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post! I appreciate it more than you know. xx