Powered by Blogger.

Monday, April 23, 2012

spring has sprung;


It seems that spring is finally here.  Overnight, it seems, our roses 'popped' and they are so beautiful now!  I was a bit inspired by them to shoot some of the greenery in my backyard, so here are some of my shots.  {If you haven't been able to tell yet, I am obsessed with shooting macro.}

I also watched the Lyrid's Meteor shower on Saturday night - did anyone else catch it?  The best part of the night was seeing a fireball meteor shoot across the sky: it looked and sounded like a firework had gone off in the middle of the sky.  It was a huge rock that was glowing purple, with a relatively long white tail, that lasted a few seconds; there was a sonic boom that accompanied it as well!  Pretty magnificent.  I included a picture I took from my backyard of the sky during the shower - unfortunately none of the meteors made it into the shot, but it's still pretty cool to look at, since it was a 30 minute exposure.  Also, don't ask what the flares are in the corners - I have no idea!

If you're wondering why the stars form a circle, it's because of the Earth's rotation.  :)  By the way, is anyone else having a super frustrating time formatting your pictures in Blogger's new interface or is it just me?  xx

currently listening to.... Pressure - Paramore

1 comment:

  1. These pictures are gorgeous, especially the last one. I love anything that has to do with stars.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post! I appreciate it more than you know. xx