Powered by Blogger.

Monday, July 09, 2012

Packaged Smiles


One of the best things about knitting is that I can send crafty presents to people, and this here's one of 'em.  My ex, Will, is up at 4-H camp right now a few hours north, and I thought I should send him something, because everyone loves mail, right?  Last year I sent him an elaborate care package, but since we're not together anymore it's not really my place to shower him with packages.  So instead, I whipped this up the other afternoon with a brief (read: one sentence) note.  I think I must note that I am not being a creepy, stalking ex by doing this -  we remained friends after the split, so it's okay.  :)

Will and his family own a sheep ranch, and so that's where the sheep come in.  Aren't they so cute?!  I used yarn for their fleeces that is partially mohair, so it's all fuzzy.  :)  This was also my first go at embroidery, and I had so much fun with it!  I mean.. can you tell?  ;)  I love using play-on-words, especially when it comes to sheep (since I'm a wool addict).  And if you're interested, you can find the post I did on the ranch last summer here.  While on the topic of his ranch, I included a picture I found of Will's grandfather when I was at the fair last week.  It was taken in 1930, and what's really cool is that Will and his family are still on the same property that's pictured.  :)

My cousin Andrew (next to me in the picture) just sent over pictures of my family a little bit ago that we took at my sister's grad party, and I just had to share one!  This is the first picture taken in years of my entire mom's family, and I was totally blown away by how beautiful (inside and out) everyone is.  I think it's safe to say we lucked out in the gene department.  I mean, just check out how adorable Cannon is!  He's the toddler in red.  :)

P.S.  No takers on my blogiversary proposal..?  :(

currently listening to.... Another Me - The Cab 

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post! I appreciate it more than you know. xx