Powered by Blogger.

Friday, November 09, 2012

Ohmygod I met Kelly Clarkson



Let me start this off by saying: it pays to be spontaneous.

Last Friday night (the 2nd), my mom and I were shopping at a local shopping center, and there were staff around passing out brochures for the schedule of events of the weekend for the opening of the 29th Microsoft retail store.  If that made any sense.  I took the brochure without really thinking about it, and went on my way.  A little while later, around 8 pm, my mom and I were having dinner at an upscale pizzeria, and we were talking about the events.  It turns out, Kelly Clarkson was performing for free the next afternoon (Saturday the 3rd), and I said how crazy it was that she would be practically in our backyard.

Hypothetically, I said how awesome it would be to go to her concert, since I've practically worshipped her for ten years.  Then we noticed that the first 100 people to camp out overnight would also receive a free meet-and-greet pass.  After another while of hypothetical conversation, I made up my mind to do my first campout, and less than two hours later, I was back at the shopping center with my sleeping bag and pillow.  

Never in my life have I done something on such a whim.  

I spent a cummulative 16 hours waiting in lines over the course of 20 hours.  I know. I am crazy.  But to meet Kelly Clarkson for free?  I literally can't even tell you how worth it it was.

Her concert was off the hook!  If you have the opportunity to see her live, I highly recommend you do it.  She sounds exactly the same live as she does on her records, which speaks to her level of talent.  She's also so sweet (she gave me a hug as soon as I came up to her!) and down-to-earth.  The whole thing was just unreal!

It's been almost a week, and I am still saying to myself: holy. crap. I met Kelly Clarkson.  xx

currently listening to..//  Where The Lines Overlap - Paramore

2 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Goodness. That is actually amazing- definitely worth losing a day of your life in line- and an awesome tale to tell!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post! I appreciate it more than you know. xx